Issue #10095 has been updated by Brandon Weaver.

Andrew Vit wrote:
> This feature also looks a lot like a pipeline.
>
> Here are some examples how people implemented that before, either using simple blocks or more complex generator/consumer queues:
>
> https://gist.github.com/pcreux/2f87847e5e4aad37db02
> https://github.com/meh/ruby-thread#pipe
> http://pragdave.me/blog/2007/12/30/pipelines-using-fibers-in-ruby-19/
>
> For the purposes of this feature the method name could be something like `pipe_to`. (Hopefully that's not confusing with IO.pipe.)
>
> Eventually, this could be an opportunity for pipelines as a first-class concept with better syntax sugar, similar to one of the examples above, or like Elixir (`|>`). Someone else can make a good proposal for that, but to think ahead maybe this method name should express "pipe" as part of its name.
>
> Here is my own naive example:
>
> ~~~
> class Object
>   def | other
>     case other
>     when Proc
>       if self.is_a?(Proc)
>         proc { |input| other.call( self.call(input) ) }
>       else
>         other.call(self)
>       end
>     else
>       super
>     end
>   end
> end
>
> "ruby" |-> r { r.upcase }
> #=> "RUBY"
>
> pipeline = &:upcase | &:reverse
> "ruby" | pipeline
> #=> "YRUB"
> ~~~

related: #10308

I've actually done it too before, I just literally named it pipe:

https://github.com/baweaver/pipeable

or Stream which was something to the same idea:

https://github.com/baweaver/streamable

Either way this has been hacked to death in multiple places. I'd think that just going for an Elixir like pipe would be the cleanest implementation honestly.

Feature #10095: Object#as