On Oct 31, 2005, at 2:01 PM, Ara.T.Howard wrote:

> i agree in principle - but design wise i'd say be consistent, if
> you are going
> to handle stray \r then we need rules for stray \n, command, and "
> too - this
> will make the code more complex and, i fear, slow.  perhaps it's
> safest and
> easiest to simply bail if the csv is not perfect.

You have a good point there.  You've talked me into it.

If I don't here any major objections, I'll throw Exceptions for
malformed CSV.

Now, returning to the line ending issue:  I believe it's better to
stick with Ruby's notion of \n than the RCF required \015\012.  Does
anyone object heavily to that?

James Edward Gray II