Hi,

In message "Re: [REXML] encoding precedence"
    on Mon, 31 Oct 2005 22:29:21 +0900, "Sean E. Russell" <ser / germane-software.com> writes:

|I can't make an informed, educated decision about this.  Can I get feedback
|from other Japanese users about Nobuyoshi's suggestion?

Since supporting encodings of iconv varies system to system, using
something more reliable for ordinal cases are preferable for the
people who use encodings other than UTF-8 or ASCII.  My only concern
is how you can support non-Japanese, non-UTF-8 people.

							matz.