--nextPart2391517.P0vWa8UsHo

I can't make an informed, educated decision about this.  Can I get feedback=
=20
from other Japanese users about Nobuyoshi's suggestion?

=2D-- SER

On Monday 31 October 2005 00:57, nobuyoshi nakada wrote:
> Currently, REXML prefers iconv module to convert encodings.
> Iconv can be useful for general purpose, but, to be frank, is
> halfdone, I guess.  In many cases, particular conversion
> engines would be much preferable if available.
>
> Also, nkf module, a bundled library, can deal with Japanese
> characters in utf-8 as well as in others already, so I'd like
> to give priority nkf to over uconv, which is not bundled.
=2E..

=2D-=20
=2D-- SER

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents,=20
more and more closely, the inner soul of the people.  On some=20
great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach=20
their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned=20
by a downright moron."        -  H.L. Mencken (1880 - 1956)