Bug #9356: TCPSocket.new does not seem to handle INTR

* Author: Charlie Somerville
* Assignee:
* Category:
* Target version:
* ruby -v: -
* Backport: 1.9.3: UNKNOWN, 2.0.0: REQUIRED, 2.1: REQUIRED
TCPSocket.new does not seem to handle EINTR properly.

In the attached test script, I try to open a TCP connection to my server and make an HTTP request while a background thread continually sends a signal to the process.

This causes the #write call to fail with:

x.rb:13:in `write': Socket is not connected (Errno::ENOTCONN)
	from x.rb:13:in `<main>'

This also appears to affect 2.0.0. 1.9.3 is unaffected.

socket-eintr.rb (207 Bytes)
wait_connectable_infinite_loop_minimal_fix.diff (478 Bytes)

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/