On Sep 16, 2014, at 4:14 PM, mail / tanakakazuki.com wrote:

> Actually I know that gem(how nice it is!), I'm disconsolate about a =
few people knowing that gem.

The gsl gem has its issues (memory management and it can be kind of =
clunky to use sometimes), but it really does provide a great deal of =
numerical functionality.

> Even if Ruby/GSL is as strong as python's one, most of people(include =
me) don't use it.
>=20
> As for numerical analysis, stability, accuracy or reliability are most =
important things.

Is the GSL itself somehow deficient for your needs?  It is also an open =
source project, so I'm (almost) sure patches would be welcome.  Ruby/GSL =
is also open source, though admittedly under-maintained. :-(

> In this respect, I believe that to provide such a feature "as =
official" is helpful.

I agree that having numerical capabilities better supported would be a =
great thing, but I'm not sure that the Math module is the best place to =
do so.  There are so many things that could be added!  Where would it =
end? :-)

Dave