The Ruby/GSL gem provides a Ruby interface to GSL which provides a great =
deal of statistical functionality and much more besides.  Maybe that =
would meet your needs?

On Sep 13, 2014, at 3:56 PM, shevegen / gmail.com wrote:

> Issue #10228 has been updated by Robert A. Heiler.
>=20
>=20
> I concur that statistics would be useful.
>=20
> For bioinformatics I am forced to use R (http://www.r-project.org/) =
right now.
>=20
> Hopefully I can one day replace all of why I have to use R with Ruby =
(I guess the
> biggest problem are not the routines/methods or algorithms but =
actually those=20
> plotting options).
>=20
> A gem can showcase what can be done with statistics addon.
>=20
> A require line could then be:
>=20
>  require 'math/statistics'
>=20
> or just
>=20
>  require 'statistics'
>=20
> MS Excel / Libreoffice have quite a lot of standard statistic =
functions.
> AVG() or AVEDEV() or AVERAGEA() and so forth.
>=20
> Just giving a bit feedback, don't take me too seriously. :)
>=20
> Feature #10228: Statistics module
>=20
> * Author: gogo tanaka
> * Assignee:=20
> * Category:=20
> * Target version:=20
> I'm gonna implement some features related with statistics to `Math` =
module now.
>=20
> Like that  -> https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/10225
>=20
> But I am afraid that `Math` module becomes too complex and suppose =
such a feature should be apart from `Math` module's responsibility.
>=20
> So I'd like to propose Ruby provides Statistics module. (There are =
plenty of room for discussion.)
>=20
> As you know, python3.4 has already started to provide `Statistics` =
module as Standard Library.
> (However these are not enough, I am impressed and think that is =
awesome trying.)
>=20
> I want `Statistics` module which has the features of python's =
`Statistics` module and some functions related with numerical analysis.