Issue #10238 has been reported by Eric Wong.

Feature #10238: todo: remove dependency on malloc_usable_size
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/10238

* Author: Eric Wong
* Assignee:
* Category: core
* Target version: Next Major
malloc_usable_size shows up at or near the top of many profiles for me.

We should be able to use ruby_sized_xfree in more places; especially
if rb_data_type_t->dsize is defined.

One possible improvement is to allow the rb_data_type_t->dsize pointer
to be a FIXNUM, removing the need for some memsize functions.

Furthermore, over-accounting malloc-ed bytes (presumably the reason
malloc_usable_size was introduced). should be less harmful nowadays with
incremental marking.

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/