Status changed from Open to Feedback

Why don't you create a gem and polish the spec before adding it in the core?

Matz.

Feature #10228: Statistics module

* Author: gogo tanaka
* Assignee:
* Category:
* Target version:
I'm gonna implement some features related with statistics to `Math` module now.

Like that  -> https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/10225

But I am afraid that `Math` module becomes too complex and suppose such a feature should be apart from `Math` module's responsibility.

So I'd like to propose Ruby provides Statistics module. (There are plenty of room for discussion.)

As you know, python3.4 has already started to provide `Statistics` module as Standard Library.
(However these are not enough, I am impressed and think that is awesome trying.)

I want `Statistics` module which has the features of python's `Statistics` module and some functions related with numerical analysis.

It should be helpful to make people we couldn't reach so far have interest in Ruby.

And it is important to provide as "core or standard library".

But I know there are so many reasons we should not do that, so I want to hear your opinion.

Thank you.

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/