normalperson / yhbt.net wrote:
> File khash-fstring-v3.patch added

OK to commit before 9/14?  I think khash is the best for fstring
as we only store one VALUE (no extra allocation)

> * covert smaller internal hashes where ordering is not exposed to Ruby users
> * (hopefully) other hashes (methods/constants/ivars) hashes [Feature #9614]

Maybe ihash is better for method entries and constant entries because
they require a struct allocation.

I'm refreshing that series for methods + constants with ordering as a
split-out patch.  We may keep ordering (at memory cost) since ccan/list
makes it easy and we still save memory from avoiding st_table_entry
allocations.

I'm not going to change ivars for now.