Xavier Noria <fxn / hashref.com> wrote:
> A Rails guide should not explain the Ruby language though. I could
> write a booklet about constants, but I am an open source guy and when
> I see something is missing I prefer to contribute to the core place
> rather than doing things on my own like a booklet or blog post.

Thank you for proposing this in core!  Too many blog posts get
outdated/unmaintained/link-rotted away over time.

> Nevertheless, I don't know if that fits the project, since Ruby does
> not come with language documentation (something of a much bigger scope
> I'd also like to contribute to if there was a chance).
>
> What do you think?

We already have syntax.rdoc, keywords.rdoc, globals.rdoc files in the
doc/ directory for general "man 7"-type things which do not fit into
a traditional module/class/method/API category.

So I think doc/constants.rdoc would be a good place for this.

Eric Hodel and Zachary Scott would be the best folks to comment, though.