Issue #10133 has been updated by Liz Huang.

I use rbenv to manage ruby versions, I did rbenv install --list, the latest stable version is 2.1.1, I installed it and it doesn't help, same bug. I wonder if there is a stack size or memory limitation in Ruby On Rails for running external dll, it looks like running out of memory. The program is crashed at a loop of 20000 when calculating entries for a 4X20000 matrix.

Bug #10133: Bug in ruby

* Author: Liz Huang
* Assignee:
* Category:
* Target version:
* ruby -v: 2.1.0p0 (2013-12-25 revision 44422

I got a new Mac Pro server and tried to upgrade web applets to new version of Ruby On Rails, the web applet calls an external Fortran library I developed, it worked in Ruby on Rails (Ruby 1.8.7 and Rails 2.3.18) by using "DL". I tried to develop the same web applet in Ruby on Rails 4 (ruby 2.1.0p0 (2013-12-25 revision 44422) and Rails 4.1.2), with "DL" deprecated, so I use fiddle and wrapped Fortran by C, I tested the interface by commenting out all computation parts first to make sure it is working. Now I have the computation codes back (same codes as in older version) and I even create a console application to test the code is working. But when I try to call it from Ruby, it crashed.
I saved all messages in terminal window in attached file "bug.rtf" and also send the crash report.
I feel it might a bug in Ruby as it works in older version and the Fortran codes was tested in console application project.

bug.rtf (125 KB)
ruby_2014-08-14-162519_calder229.crash (25 KB)
DiagnosticReports.zip (1.21 MB)

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/