Issue #8981 has been updated by Hiroshi SHIBATA.

Status changed from Open to Feedback

Feature #8981:  Suggestion for CreateProcess flags with rubyw on windows

* Author: James French
* Assignee: cruby-windows
* Category: platform/windows
* Target version: current: 2.2.0
 Hi,

 I've spent some time looking into the feasibility of using rubyw in my code and at first glance it looks ideal. However there are a lot of console windows flashing up when I run external processes using Open3::popen3 (because I want to capture their stdout and stderr). I believe that creating a process without CREATE_NO_WINDOW in rubyw is a bug, as the whole point of rubyw is that it doesn't pop up a console.

 If there is agreement I'm happy to file a bug report/submit a patch.

 Cheers,
 James

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/