Issue #10095 has been updated by Matthew Kerwin.

 On 09/08/2014, rafaelmfranca / gmail.com <rafaelmfranca / gmail.com> wrote:
 > Issue #10095 has been updated by Rafael Frana.
 >

 > I believe using `#itself` for this feature will cause confusion. By whatI
 > could understand of the original proposal its idea is to return the result
 > of the block instead of the objects itself.
 >
 > The idea behind `#itself` is to return the object. If we add support to a
 > block and make the method return the result of the block we are just going
 > against the original idea of `#itself`.

 I suppose examples will help illustrate what seems most clear. This is
 a short snippet along the lines of what I think makes this proposed
 method useful: a (long?) chain of methods that are prefixed/wrapped
 towards the end:

   n = gets.chomp.as{|i| Integer(i)}
   n = gets.chomp.itself{|i| Integer(i)}

   n = gets.chomp.as do |i|
     Integer(i)
   end
   n = gets.chomp.itself do |i|
     Integer(i)
   end

 In short short form #as seems appealing, but the long form it seems to
 me to be too messy. #itself never seems ambiguous to me, but then I'm
 already aware of #tap and can see that this is different.

 My preference is still for #itself

 Incidentally, I think #yield is a bad name because it does the exact
 opposite thing depending on whether you pass it a block:

   def foo &b
     yield {|o| ... }
     yield ...

   Matthew Kerwin