Issue #9064 has been updated by Rodrigo Rosenfeld Rosas.

In Java it doesn't but I only borrowed Java's name, but I'm keeping the concept of Ruby modules. Ruby modules do search classes in the parent modules and I wanted package to simply make it easier to use nested modules in Ruby.

Feature #9064: Add support for packages, like in Java

* Author: Rodrigo Rosenfeld Rosas
* Assignee: Yukihiro Matsumoto
* Category: core
* Target version:
In Java, it's easy to define a package for a certain class:

package com.company.MyClass

We don't use that convention in Ruby but we have another way of packaging classes:

~~~ruby
module MyLibrary
  module InnerNamespace
    class MyClass
~~~

I'd prefer to be able to use something like this instead meaning exactly the same thing:

~~~ruby
package MyLibrary::InnerNamespace # or MyLibrary.InnerNamespace, I don't really care
class MyClass
end
~~~

Could you please consider this idea?