Feature #9064: Add support for packages, like in Java

* Author: Rodrigo Rosenfeld Rosas
* Assignee: Yukihiro Matsumoto
* Category: core
* Target version:
In Java, it's easy to define a package for a certain class:

package com.company.MyClass

We don't use that convention in Ruby but we have another way of packaging classes:

module MyLibrary
  module InnerNamespace
    class MyClass

I'd prefer to be able to use something like this instead meaning exactly the same thing:

package MyLibrary::InnerNamespace # or MyLibrary.InnerNamespace, I don't really care
class MyClass
end

Could you please consider this idea?

feature-9064.pdf (16.7 KB)