On Mon, Jul 21, 2014 at 10:40 AM, <jxf+ruby / jxf.me> wrote:

> Here's my thoughts on this: every other Ruby method I can think of named
> `#join` works by concatenating its arguments together with a separator
> (possibly with some additional logic to remove redundant separators and
> such).

This has caught me by surprise multiple times as well. I don't question the
need for a method with these semantics, but the choice of name "join" seems
misleading. Too late to change it now, but I wouldn't mind seeing it
aliased to a less surprising name (perhaps "#merge_path", per RFC3986) and
the "join" version eventually deprecated.