Issue #10019 has been updated by Ramon de C Valle.

It seems that the (off-by-one) issue is also present in Ruby 1.9.3, requiring a backport too.

It may also worth confirming with the reporter if he continues to observe the crash after adding the fix, since as Tomas analysis of aws-sdk gem and its dependencies indicates it's unlikely this issue is being caused by any of these gems. So, it may be the case the reporter may be referring to a different issue.

Bug #10019: segmentation fault/buffer overrun in pack.c (encodes)

* Author: Will Wood
* Assignee:
* Category: core
* Target version:
* ruby -v: ruby 2.1.2p168 (2014-07-06 revision 46721) [i386-mingw32]
* Backport: 2.0.0: REQUIRED, 2.1: DONE
While working with an AWS sample I hit a segmentation fault.  The same sample works under 1.9.3.  It appeared to be coming from pack.c function encodes.  After looking at the source there's a 4K buffer allocated on the stack.  I made a minor change to base the buffer length off of the incoming buffer length with a pad and allocate it off the heap.  Anyway, after fixing this my code sample runs fine.  I'm including a patch file and the sample code.

pack.patch (2.74 KB)
BucketTest.rb (326 Bytes)

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/