Feature #10018: Consider adding Sub-Includes as in include Foo::bar

* Author: Robert A. Heiler
* Assignee:
* Category:
* Target version:
On IRC someone asked a nice question:

> \<arup_r\> If I write `class Foo; include Enumerable; end` This code include all methods from `Enumerable`. But suppose I want to include `#all?`, `#any?` .. What's the way to include only required methods ?

This prompted me to write this.

What if ruby would allow us to include just singular methods?

Something like:

~~~ruby
include Enumerable::any?
~~~

And so forth, so that we could cherry-pick what we want.

This is already possible in some projects, like facets.

But I think they solve it by splitting up the whole
stuff into individual files, and then including
this.

I think it would be nicer if include itself would
support a scope-mechanic.

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/