Feature #8788: use eventfd on newer Linux instead of pipe for timer thread

* Author: Eric Wong
* Assignee:
* Category: core
* Target version: next minor
eventfd is a cheaper alternative to pipe for self-notification (signals) on Linux

I will submit patches in the next few days/weeks unless there are objections
(or somebody else wants to do it sooner).  I'd also like to cleanup some of the existing #ifdefs in that area while I'm at it.

0001-thread_pthread-use-eventfd-under-Linux-for-timer-thr.patch (9.08 KB)
0001-thread_pthread-use-eventfd-under-Linux-for-timer-thr.patch (9.07 KB)
tt_efd_v2.patch (5.91 KB)

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/