Description updated

They don't seem to belong to same namespace.
Could you elaborate?

Feature #9992: Access Modifiers (Internal Interfaces)

* Author: Daniel Ferreira
* Assignee:
* Category:
* Target version:
Hi,

Im would like to discuss with you the concept of Internal Interfaces.

Currently ruby offers three access modifiers choices to set methods visibility:

- public
- protected
- private

Public methods define what we may call the Public Interface.
Private methods are private to the class and its subclasses.
Protected methods are public for the subclasses.

I would like to work with a new access modifier that would allow the creation of Internal methods.

Internal methods would be object methods that could only be called within the namespace.

Ex:

~~~ruby
module Foo; end

class Foo::Bar
  def baz
     puts baz
  end
  internal :baz
end

class Foo::Qux
  def baz
     ::Foo::Bar.new.baz
~~~

Is this something that we can think about in a future implementation of ruby?
An extra feature that would not break backward compatibility.

Cheers,
Daniel

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/