Issue #9852 has been updated by Vit Ondruch.

I always had the vision that the gems should be available in source format. Something like svn:externals or git submodules. The sources would be editable that way, which comes handy at some times. It also avoids the "download" step, since it would be done directly with repository checkout.

Feature #9852: How to bundle test-unit2 and minitest5

* Author: Hiroshi SHIBATA
* Assignee: Kouhei Sutou
* Category:
* Target version: current: 2.2.0
I removed test-unit and minitest at #9711
But we need to bundle testing framework with Ruby 2.2.0 continuously.

I hope to bundle test-unit2 and minitest5 with Ruby 2.2.0.

> kou
Could you bundle and maintain test-unit2 on CRuby?

> ryan
Do you have any idea of gem installation mechanism with packaging?

gem-install-task.patch (1.91 KB)

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/