Issue #9852 has been updated by Ryan Davis.

There needs to be SOME step that a user can take to get a full install. `svn co ...; autoconf ; configure ; make install` is still our default path and should wind up with the same thing you'd get from a build from `make dist`.

I'm sure we can add a new make rule for non-networked development.

Feature #9852: How to bundle test-unit2 and minitest5

* Author: Hiroshi SHIBATA
* Assignee: Kouhei Sutou
* Category:
* Target version: current: 2.2.0
I removed test-unit and minitest at #9711
But we need to bundle testing framework with Ruby 2.2.0 continuously.

I hope to bundle test-unit2 and minitest5 with Ruby 2.2.0.

> kou
Could you bundle and maintain test-unit2 on CRuby?

> ryan
Do you have any idea of gem installation mechanism with packaging?

gem-install-task.patch (1.91 KB)

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/