Issue #9955 has been reported by Laura Michaels.

Bug #9955: issue building dll on mingw, library not found
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/9955

* Author: Laura Michaels
* Assignee: Nobuyoshi Nakada
* Category: build
* Target version: current: 2.2.0
* ruby -v: ruby 2.1.2p95 (2014-05-08 revision 45877) [i386-mingw32]
I hit a bug similar to https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/8901.  I'm building Ruby on MinGW using msys.  When I run make, it errors out when it attempts to create the msvcrt-ruby210.dll.  It's unable to find libgmp.  There's a libgmp.dll.a in /usr/local/lib.  LDFLAGS is set to -L/usr/local/lib.  I see that LDFLAGS is used to build the executable and static library.  I can't find it used when the dynamic library is created.  Looking at the makefile (and makefile.in) where LIBRUBY_SO is linked, there's LDSHARED and DLDFLAGS, but I couldn't find LDFLAGS in the link command and didn't see another relevant environment variable to set along with LDFLAGS.  I checked github and the latest version of makefile.in, but didn't notice any changes to get the library locations from LDFLAGS.

I added the following to my build script after running configure and I'm able to build ruby successfully:
sed -i.bk0 -e "s|\$(DLDFLAGS)|\$(LDFLAGS) \$(DLDFLAGS)|" Makefile

I just wanted to add, this is the first time I've attempted to build Ruby with MinGW and it's so much nicer to create a build script for and compile and build on Windows than Perl or Python.  Looks like the developers did a very nice job on MinGW platform support.  Thanks.

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/