Bugs item #2666, was opened at 2005-10-18 17:18
You can respond by visiting:
http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=1698&aid=2666&group_id=426

Category: Standard Library
Group: None

Initial Comment:
when someone sends a HTTP OPTIONS request to my webserver (lighttpd with ruby-fastcgi), the ruby fastcgi process crashes, because CGI::initialize_query() tries to read from the commandline for all HTTP requests besides GET, HEAD and POST.

I fixed it on my box so that it does the same with an OPTIONS request as it does with a GET request, PHP does it this way, too, no idea if this is "correct" behaviour though.
Patch attached.

I have no idea though if there are other requests such as options which the cgi class might encounter, and if there is a better/cleaner way to fix this.