thedarkone2 / gmail.com wrote:
> I am all for addition of `ConcurrentHash` or `Concurrent::Array` (these
> new data structures would have `cas` and `swap` methods), but for
> performance reasons plain old `Hash` and `Array` should be kept
> completely un-thread-safe.

Does that mean segfaulting the VM on concurrent Hash or Array access
is OK?  I don't think any current Ruby VM allows that.

If we need to prevent segfaults on concurrent access, I suspect we'll
need to pay some concurrency costs.

Personally, I'm OK if we allow the VM to segfault on concurrent
accesses, but I doubt others will agree with me.