> There is no reason, that I can see, to artificially limit the upload sizeon the client side

I think that MAX_MULTIPART_LENGTH is the limit on the server side.
The limit itself is actually required to prevent shortage of server resource.

I agree that the limit should be configuable by users.
In fact, the author of cgialt, Makoto Kuwata, said in the proposal,

http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-dev/33606

> 簡単化のため制限値は定数で指定してますが、必要であればクラス変数や
> インスタンス変数で指定できるようにしてください。

> For simplicity, the limit is specified by a constant,
> but if needed, please use class variable or instance variable
> to specify it.

So, what we need is not a patch that just removes the check,
but a patch that enables a user to configure it.

--
Yusuke Endoh <mame / ruby-lang.org>

Bug #8370: Constants MAX_MULTIPART_LENGTH in cgi\core.rb