KOSAKI Motohiro <kosaki.motohiro / gmail.com> wrote:
> So, I'd suggest two phase action.
>
> 1. Commit your patch, but disable by default.

OK, r46349

> 2. Gather more use-case and performance data.
>     Note: They should be reproducible. We need measure them again and
> again when libs updated.
> 3. Change the default when the community is convinced the benefit.

I wouldn't mind changing the default.  However small applications
take up more memory with jemalloc.  Using MALLOC_CONF=lg_chunk:21
or smaller numbers can reduce it (at performance cost).

Users may also try the Lockless Inc allocator.  However we
cannot ship it with Ruby since Ruby is not GPLv3.
	http://locklessinc.com/downloads/