Issue #9852 has been updated by Ryan Davis.

I don't think we need to actually commit the gem files to SVN, but I think your patch is a good start.

We could have a manifest of the gems & versions we want to package and have that be part of the packaging and/or compiling step. With exact versions specified, we won't need to keep updating "large" binaries in version control.

Feature #9852: How to bundle test-unit2 and minitest5

* Author: Hiroshi SHIBATA
* Assignee: Kouhei Sutou
* Category:
* Target version: current: 2.2.0
I removed test-unit and minitest at #9711
But we need to bundle testing framework with Ruby 2.2.0 continuously.

I hope to bundle test-unit2 and minitest5 with Ruby 2.2.0.

> kou
Could you bundle and maintain test-unit2 on CRuby?

> ryan
Do you have any idea of gem installation mechanism with packaging?

gem-install-task.patch (1.91 KB)

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/