Hans de Graaff wrote:
> My point was that, being one of the Gentoo ruby maintainers, I would not want to use this mechanism to officially support jemalloc or tmalloc for the ruby packages that we offer in Gentoo.

~~~
$ ./configure --help
(snip)
Some influential environment variables:
  CC          C compiler command
  CFLAGS      C compiler flags
  LDFLAGS     linker flags, e.g. -L<lib dir> if you have libraries in a
              nonstandard directory <lib dir>
  LIBS        libraries to pass to the linker, e.g. -l<library>
  CPPFLAGS    (Objective) C/C++ preprocessor flags, e.g. -I<include dir> if
              you have headers in a nonstandard directory <include dir>
  CXX         C++ compiler command
  CXXFLAGS    C++ compiler flags
  CPP         C preprocessor

Use these variables to override the choices made by `configure' or to help
it to find libraries and programs with nonstandard names/locations.
~~~

Feature #9113: Ship Ruby for Linux with jemalloc out-of-the-box