Issue #9254 has been updated by Hiroshi SHIBATA.

current docs/contributing.rdoc is too long. I'm against to move it.

Bug #9254: ./doc/contributing.rdoc -> CONTRIBUTING.md

* Author: Zachary Scott
* Assignee: Zachary Scott
* Category: doc
* Target version: next minor
* ruby -v: 2.1.0dev
* Backport: 1.9.3: UNKNOWN, 2.0.0: UNKNOWN
I will abbreviate the current contributing document and move it to ./CONTRIBUTING.md ( in markdown format )

My goal is to encourage proper contributions for users of github, see also: https://github.com/blog/1184-contributing-guidelines

Contributions via github have recently increased tremendously, we should take full advantage and encourage new contributors with this easy to follow guide.

I plan to complete this after the release of 2.1.0

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/