Issue #9882 has been reported by Tim Oommen.

Bug #9882: Issue with hash string keys
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/9882

* Author: Tim Oommen
* Assignee:
* Category:
* Target version:
* ruby -v: 2.1.1p76
I have the following code. In a nutshell i am slicing a string to pull out strings to use as keys in a hash. However when running the following code, I am getting odd results.
context = "Marriott International World’s Most ADMIRED Lodging Company by FORTUNE for 14th yr. via @FortuneMagazine http://cnnmon.ie/1kcFZSQ"
slice_url = context.slice(105,24)
str = "http://cnnmon.ie/1kcFZSQ"
slice_url == str
redirects = {"http://cnnmon.ie/1kcFZSQ"=>"http://money.cnn.com/2014/02/06/leadership/marriott-hotels.pr.fortune"}
redirects.key?(slice_url)
redirects.key?(str)

The slice_url and str are equal, however when I look for the key in redirects with slice_url I get a nil, but when setting the string variable manually, I get a match and value.  I am not sure if this is an issue with the value returned by the string slice method or an issue with the hash.

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/