George Moschovitis tried to send me a gem to try out and it would not install.

trans@ubixie:~/Desktop$ gem install glue
Attempting local installation of 'glue'
ERROR:  Error installing gem glue[.gem]: parse error on line 0, col
31: `!ruby/object:Gem::Specification '

A little investigation shows that the metadata file in the gem, being
a YAML serialization of the Gemspec, lacks the initial '---' of proper
YAML.

So that's why I'm getting this error. George used 'rake gem' to create
the package, He's running the very latest versions of everything.
While I am still using the previous version (1.8.2). Nonetheless '---'
should be there. The really funny thing though is this gem and it's
bad YAML apparently work for George.

T.