Issue #9852 has been updated by Kouhei Sutou.

Hiroshi SHIBATA wrote:

> I hope to bundle test-unit2 and minitest5 with Ruby 2.2.0.

Could you explain why you want to bundle test-unit2? It is for providing test-unit API. Right?

(test-unit API means that API provided by test-unit bundled in Ruby 1.8.)

If you expect that test-unit2 provides 100% compatible test-unit API, unfortunately it is wrong. test-unit2 has some incompatible API changes. For example, the following test suite shows different behavior:

```
require "test/unit"

class Parent < Test::Unit::TestCase
  def test_parent
    p :parent
  end

  class Child < self
    def test_child
      p :child
```

test-unit API (= test-unit gem 1.2.3) runs tests defined in parent test cases:

```
% ruby a.rb
Loaded suite a
Started
:parent
.:child
.:parent
.
Finished in 0.000207854 seconds.

```

test-unit2 doesn't run tests defined in parent test cases:

```
% ruby a.rb
Loaded suite a
Started
:parent
.:child
.

Finished in 0.001269378 seconds.

2 tests, 0 assertions, 0 failures, 0 errors, 0 pendings, 0 omissions, 0 notifications
100% passed

1575.57 tests/s, 0.00 assertions/s
```

I think that the current test-unit2 behavior is better to write organized tests but it is not suitable for 100% compatible test-unit API expectation.

So I want you to explain why you want to bundle test-unit2.

> > kou
> Could you bundle and maintain test-unit2 on CRuby?

Yes with reservations. If bundling test-unit2 satisfies your expectation and it doesn't break integratioin with test-unit2 released at RubyGems.org(*), I say yes.

(*) Users couldn't use test-unit2 gem by `gem install test-unit`. Users also need to call `gem "test-unit"` in their code. It was solved by introducing default gem feature. I don't care about mechanism. It is OK to me that it is solved by other mechanism.

Feature #9852: How to bundle test-unit2 and minitest5