ko1 / atdot.net wrote:
> I want to suggest only add "--enable-jemalloc" (not default).

I am considering it, but I am not sure non-default is worth it over
nobu's original suggestion of using "./configure LIBS=-ljemalloc"

Sam: what do you think?

> I'm afraid that it makes performance prediction more difficult.
> (someone use it and someone doesn't use)

I understand.  Maybe a big warning at the end of ./configure?

Fwiw, I am mildly against bundling jemalloc in the tarball.  It is
more to maintain and keep up-to-date.  Varnish no longer bundles
jemalloc for this reason, either.

I chose to detect + enable jemalloc by default since it can encourage
distributors and packagers to use and depend on it (like gmp).