normalperson / yhbt.net wrote:
>  [1/1] Test_StringModifyExpand#test_modify_expand_memory_leak = 0.02 s
>    1) Failure:
>    Test_StringModifyExpand#test_modify_expand_memory_leak
>    [/home/ew/ruby/test/-ext-/string/test_modify_expand.rb:7]:
>    rb_str_modify_expand().
>    size: 14307328 => 31084544..
>    Expected 2.1726309762381906 to be < 1.5.
>
>  It looks like certain allocation patterns are worse with jemalloc, but
>  I think real-world apps use less memory.

I can update this to limit=2.2 to workaround the failure and commit my
original patch soon.  Any comment/objections?

Platform maintainers for non-GNU/Linux may enable jemalloc detection if
they feel comfortable, but I don't want to potentially break things
behind their backs.  For example, I cannot test/fix OSX problems, but I
have read using non-standard malloc is a difficult problem on that
platform (but possible).