Issue #9711 has been updated by Kouhei Sutou.

hsbt and sora_h, thanks for your works.

> I'd like to hear opinion from Kou (author of test-unit.gem) and Ryan. Thoughts?

Should we comment about it on this ticket? Or on new tickets about them?

> 1. Should we bundle test-unit2(http://rubygems.org/gems/test-unit)?
> 2. Should we make gem installation mechanism with packaging?

I think that new tickets are better.

Feature #9711: Remove test-unit and minitest from stdlib.

* Author: Hiroshi SHIBATA
* Assignee: Ryan Davis
* Category:
* Target version: current: 2.2.0
ref. #9660

We are hard to maintain test-unit and minitest for standard library.
I poropose to remove to their from stdlib.

see also my patches: https://github.com/hsbt/ruby/compare/extracted-test-suite?expand=1

my solution is that test-unit and minitest move to test directory.
their are used only ruby-core tests.

If people hope to use test-unit and minitest, they can download their from rubygems.

copy-test-unit-minitest.patch (140 KB)

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/