Hugh Sasse said:

> Does this mean that binary gems would be impossible?
> Or at least forbidden?  Some packages are distributed for windows
> only, which saves on download size, disk space....

I think there is some confusion on whether a .gem file is a distribution
format, or a source archive format.  For pure ruby gems, the difference is
small (but important!  Hence Mauricio's posting).

However, for binary gems I believe that it is clearly intended for
distribution and installation only.

--
-- Jim Weirich     jim / weirichhouse.org    http://onestepback.org