ES wrote:

> Daniel Schierbeck wrote:
>
>> Hello everybody! I'm new to this list, so please don't flame me if
>> what I'm saying is absolute nonsense.
>>
>> I was looking at the RubyGarden page about Rite
>> (http://rubygarden.org/ruby?Rite), and I starting playing around with
>> the keyword argument syntax. Basically, I think it's rather
>> confusing. Take this for example:
>>
>>  a: :b
>>
>> This would be the same as :a => :b. Maybe it's just me, but it
>> doesn't really shine through that you're assigning the value :b to
>> the keyword :a. I think this is much clearer
>>
>>  :a = :b
>>
>>  def foo (:bar = "bar", :baz = 123); end
>>
>>  some_method(:a = 1, :b = 2, :c = 3)
>>
>> It has the same syntax as variable setting, which I think is
>> appropriate.
>

> It looks better when you do something like this:
>
>  document = make_document from: 'foo.txt', using: LaTeX
>
> ;)
>

>> Yours sincerely,
>> Daniel Schierbeck

Just one more question. I know you'll be able to write

  def foo(a: 1, b: 2, c: 3)

But will you also be able to write it as

  def foo(:a => 1, :b => 2, :c => 3)

Or maybe even (as I wrote before)

  def foo(:a = 1, :b = 2, :c = 3)

I can see that the key: value thing is cool, but :key = value would also
be nice. It is also clearer in method definitions.

Cheers,
Daniel Schierbeck