Issue #9804 has been updated by Eric Wong.

 alexey.muranov / gmail.com wrote:
 > I would like to have `File::CREATE` as a synonym for `File::CREAT`.

 At least give a reason for wanting this...

 Fwiw, I am against adding more aliases/synonyms to core.
 They increases human overhead to learn, and machine overhead to
 store/cache.

 New aliases will also confuse users on old versions who may browse
 the web and find the new documentation.

 On a side note, perhaps we should start adding a line like:
 "This was added in Ruby X.Y.Z" in our RDoc for new features.
 This is common in manpages, AFAICS.

Feature #9804: File::CREATE as a synonym for File::CREAT

I would like to have `File::CREATE` as a synonym for `File::CREAT`.

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/