Issue #6634 has been updated by Motohiro KOSAKI.

 On Sat, May 3, 2014 at 8:45 AM,  <nikkoara / hates.ms> wrote:
 > Issue #6634 has been updated by L Nicoara.
 >

 > L Nicoara wrote:
 >> nhm tanveeer hossain khan wrote:
 >> > Hi there,
 >> >
 >> > I've faced similar problem with ruby 2.0.0p0 (2013-02-24 revision 39474) [x86_64-darwin12.1.0] (installed with rvm)
 >>
 >> Hey, I have the same problem. I took the test case you posted, reduced it further, and fiddled with the numbers of threads, etc. See attached. It crashed reliably for me, always right after launching it.
 >>

 > For the record, the test case is malformed. Bummer. I think the one I based it on (from khan) is malformed as well. My apologies if you spent time on it.

 NP :)

Bug #6634: Deadlock with join and ConditionVariable

* Author: meh. I don't care
* Assignee: Yusuke Endoh
* Category: core
* Target version: 2.0.0
* ruby -v: ruby 1.9.3p194 (2012-04-20 revision 35410) [x86_64-linux]
* Backport:
I'm getting a fatal deadlock in one of my gems, it's a simple threadpool implementation.

The library works both in Rubinius and JRuby, so I guess it's a bug.

The gem is here: https://github.com/meh/ruby-threadpool

The example that crashes is attached.

Basically it raises a fatal deadlock if you join a thread and then call ConditionVariable#wait, I'm not 100% sure if the bug is in the ConditionVariable or what, all I know is that it happens in that situation and that it works on Rubinius and JRuby.

lol.rb (134 Bytes)
noname (500 Bytes)
reduced.rb (170 Bytes)
lol2.rb (189 Bytes)