Sean E. Russell said:
> Will the Gem work?  I mean, without the dependency stuff, will it find
> the requires that it needs?  Installing it is only half the problem; it
> still has to work.

Iyou bypass the dependency system, you are telling gems that you  are
taking responsibility for ensuring that the proper versions are installed.
 So "working" depends on all the dependents being properly installed, the
same situation you would have with tarballs.

--
-- Jim Weirich     jim / weirichhouse.org    http://onestepback.org