Issue #9781 has been updated by Ryan Davis.

Maybe I'm still not getting something. If you can call it (or super to it) you can grab it:

~~~ruby
class BigFoo
  def bar

class Middle1 < BigFoo; end
class Middle2 < Middle1; end
class Middle3 < Middle2; end
class Middle4 < Middle3; end
class Middle5 < Middle4; end

class Foo < Middle5
  def bar
    super

class Object
  def super_method name
    self.class.superclass.instance_method name

p Foo.new.method(:bar).source_location.last                           # => 13
p Foo.new.class.superclass.instance_method(:bar).source_location.last # => 2
p Foo.new.super_method(:bar).source_location.last                     # => 2
~~~

Feature #9781: Feature Proposal: Method#super_method