Nobuyoshi Nakada wrote:
> It's an ordinary `Method` (or `UnboundMethod`) instance, same as `SuperClass.instance_method(:foo).bind(obj)`.

Agreed for `Method`, but I'm not sure I understand how we could define `UnboundMethod#super_method`, since a Module can be part of different ancestry chains.

    # same example as original post continued
    module M
      def bar
    Foo.include bar

    Foo.ancestors # => [Foo, M, BigFoo, ...]
    Foo.new.method(:bar).super_method.super_method.owner # => BigFoo
    Foo.instance_method(:bar).super_method.super_method.owner # => Can't possible give meaningful result

(I didn't try the patch)

Feature #9781: Feature Proposal: Method#super_method