Issue #9791 has been reported by Chaz Domerese.

Bug #9791: Segfault using gets() in IRB or with sqlite3 gem
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/9791

* Author: Chaz Domerese
* Assignee:
* Category:
* Target version: current: 2.2.0
* ruby -v: ruby 2.1.1p76 (2014-02-24 revision 45161) [i386-mingw32]
I built Ruby from the latest source, first with readline configured and installed. Windows 7, msys/mingw environment. Every time I'd press backspace, IRB and/or the cmd prompt would start deleting the second character back, and the cmd prompt would go wonky if I pressed anything else. So I rebuilt ruby from source without readline, and I couldn't get irb to load after installation. I installed the rb-readline gem, and irb loaded up correctly, or so I thought. I typed gets, pressed enter, and it waited for input, but if I press a single key from there the segfault attached happens.

This segfault seems to happen when I load the sqlite3 gem as well, so I'm thinking this issue may revolve around readline...not sure though.

segfault.txt (6.59 KB)

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/