Daniel Amelang wrote:
> I wonder how many people *do* fully understand the whole
> block/proc/lambda/Proc.new/Method/UnboundMethod/etc relationships and
> the use of next/break/redo/return/etc within each of them (not to
> mention the different styles/rules when it comes to parameter lists).
>
> (no, I'm not looking for a comprehensize explanation,

But I might be.

SHAMELESS PLUG (but for a good cause):

The Artima Web zine, Ruby Code & Style (of which I am currently
editor-in-chief), is releasing its inaugural issue on Monday, Oct 10.

http://www.artima.com/rubycs  (but little to see until Monday)

I would like to see this zine host the sort of high-end, hard-core Ruby
articles one typically cannot find elsewhere.

The subtleties of block, proc, et al would make for a great article, if
someone feels up to the task.

Please contact me off this list if you are interested, or have any
questions about writing for Ruby Code & Style.

James Britt

james.britt / gmail.com