I wonder how many people *do* fully understand the whole
block/proc/lambda/Proc.new/Method/UnboundMethod/etc relationships and
the use of next/break/redo/return/etc within each of them (not to
mention the different styles/rules when it comes to parameter lists).

(no, I'm not looking for a comprehensize explanation, just pointing
out the complexity of the situation)

Often, when a simplification is proposed, it is struck down as 'just a
way to make it easier for newbies that are still learning the
language' (ironically, David is oft to say such) and not really a good
idea.

After 3 years of Ruby programming, I'm still left scratching my head
at times. Maybe I'm just a little slow.

Dan Amelang