Feature #9602: Logic with `Enumerable#grep`

* Author: Tsuyoshi Sawada
* Assignee: Yukihiro Matsumoto
* Category:
* Target version:
`Enumerable#grep` is useful to filter things:

    [nil, {}, [], 1, :foo, "foo"].grep(String)

1. Often, the condition cannot be expressed as a single object on which `===` is applied, but as a disjunction over `===` applied to multiple objects. I would like `Enumerable#grep` to take arbitrary number of arguments, and when they are more than one, a logical disjunction applies, just as when there are multiple comma-separated objects after `when` in `case` condition:

        [nil, {}, [], 1, :foo, "foo"].grep(String, Symbol, Array)

2. Also, it often happens that I want the negation of grep. Perhaps, `Enumerable#grepv` (`grepv` comes from `grep -v`) can be implemented as negation of `Enumerable#grep`, i.e., select elements for which `===` returns false on any of the arguments:

        [nil, {}, [], 1, :foo, "foo"].grepv(String, Symbol, Array)

select-to-accept-args.patch (2.62 KB)

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/