Bug #9177: Can't exit curses program and retain screen contents

* Author: Johan Walles
* Assignee:
* Category:
* Target version:
* ruby -v: ruby 2.0.0p247 (2013-06-27 revision 41674) [universal.x86_64-darwin13]
* Backport: 1.9.3: UNKNOWN, 2.0.0: UNKNOWN
Hi!

Please try the attached program.

Expected result:
* After you hit some key, the program should quit and the "Hit any key" message should still be visible on screen

Current result:
* When the program exits, the screen contents is restored to what it was before the program was started

Note:
* If you kill -9 the program, it exits without restoring the screen contents just like I want, but then it exits with a non-zero return code.

The use case is that I want my pager implementation to be able to exit without restoring screen contents when pressing ^C:
https://github.com/walles/moar

I currently use the kill -9 workaround, but would like to be able to do without it.

  Regards /Johan

curses-no-close.rb (227 Bytes)

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/