http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Currying

> The name "currying", coined by Christopher Strachey in 1967, is a reference to logician Haskell Curry.

So in this case, the Third Party is Christopher Strachey.

Feature #9620: Rename "curry" to "schnfinkelize"

* Author: Boris Stitnicky
* Assignee:
* Category: Joke
* Target version:
I have just been able to understand the difference between currying and partial application. With this newly acquired knowledge, I would like to canvass in favor of making the symbol `:curry` incorrectly mean partial application all over the core, while current (correct) `#curry` be (again correctly) renamed to `#schnfinkelize`. I think that this longish word with its nice umlaut captures well the contorted and unnatural nature of the operation in question. Should the umlaut be an obstacle to this proposal, `#scheinfinkelize` or (if we want to stick with food) `#aufschnittschneiden`, or simply `#aufschnitt` would do.

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/